Saturday, June 6, 2015

BIBLE STUDY "WEEK # 1" (6/7/15)

"Speak To the Mountain" Mark 11:23

 

 

Prayer:

Father God, I speak to my mountain right now in the name of Jesus; this is a good study, and it will accomplish what the Word need to do in my life through this study. Father God,

I give You praises and glory and honor as I study Your Word, and learn to speak things that please You, and bless others. Teach us Holy Spirit the importance of speaking to the mountains in our life and in all our family's life. I also pray that this will bless others who read it and speak to their mountains as well. We have been blessed to receive the Word of God, so we can live an abundant life now. Thank You, Lord, for Your grace and anointing to receive in Jesus' name, AMEN.

 

Bible Reading:

Scripture:  Mark 11:23-24 Amplified Bible (AMP)

23 Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.

24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].

 

Subject:  Jesus gives instructions concerning the mountain or problem

 

Let's Study:

 

It is important to know that it is the believer's responsibility to: . . . .  To believe that you RECEIVE when you pray [Mark 11:24, Matthew 21:21] This is what Jesus instructed the disciples "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." With our mouth we confess, and with our heart we believe (Romans 10:9-10).

 

To SPEAK to the mountain or problem you have; rebuke, give directions to the problem, and cast out the problem from your body, circumstance, or environment [Mark 11:23, Matthew 21:21, Matthew 17:20, Luke 17:6, Mark 16:17, Luke 11:20, Matthew 12:28].

 

To SAY what you want to come to pass, into existence [Mark 11:23]. It shall be done , according to God's Word [Matthew 21:21]. O woman, great is your faith! Let it be [ginomai] to you as you desire [Matthew 15:28]. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, be it done unto thee [ginomai] [Matthew 8:13].

 

Jesus promises "it will be done" [Matthew 21:21], it "shall come to pass" [Mark 11:23], it will "obey you" [Luke 17:6], and "it will move" [Matthew 17:20]. Jesus says that it is the believer's responsibility to speak to the mountain.

 

If you don't speak to your mountain, your mountain will SPEAK to you.

 

What is a MOUNTAIN in a believer's life?

 

The mountain is the PROBLEM in your life. The mountain is anything that is adverse or contrary to the Word of God for your life. A mountain is anything that is a barrier to you completing God's Will. A mountain is anything that is slowing down or impeding your progress in the Kingdom of God.

 

Many believers spend time praying to God about their mountain. They describe the mountain in full detail to God. They inform God of the exact dimensions of the mountain. They cry and moan to God about what a hindrance or impossibility the mountain is in their life.

Some people even use the MOUNTAIN as an excuse for nonperformance in their Christian life. Some people make up doctrines and traditions about God, to justify why the mountain is still in their life.

 

Many believers will pray to God for Him to speak to their mountain. God will never do what he has commanded you to do. You pray to God to receive what Jesus has made available to you [Mark 11:24]. It is your responsibility to speak to the mountain in your life.

Praying and fasting will not move a mountain. Prayer and fasting deals with unbelief or lack of confidence in God's Word [Matthew 17:20-21, Mark 9:28-29, Mark 16:14, Luke 8:25, Mark 4:39-41, Matthew 8:24, Matthew 16:8, Mark 8:15, Matthew 14:30].

 

Many people get into natural unbelief by what they see, hear, touch, smell, taste or even feel. You must not allow natural unbelief to be a counter weight to your faith [Matthew 17:20]. Your spirit man must not be dominated by your un-regenerated fallen flesh [Romans 5:5-8, Galatians 5:16, Ephesians 4:22-24, Colossians 3:9]. You must sow to the Spirit and reap life [Galatians 6:7].

Prayer is about your relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Prayer will increase your confidence about your relationship with God. Prayer is how you receive from God [Matthew 7:8, Matthew 21:22, Mark 11:24, John 16:23-24, Matthew 26:41].

 

Fasting food doesn't move God, it moves you. Fasting food takes you out of the natural realm and helps you to be sensitive to the spiritual realm of God. Fasting forces your flesh to submit to your spirit man. God becomes your total source. You live by the Word of God alone [Matthew 4:3-4]. Fasting retrains or disciplines your body to listen to your spirit man. You tell your body to line up with the Word of God and it obeys you. Your spirit man dominates your body or fallen flesh. Pray does the same thing. Prayer disciplines your flesh to submit to your spiritual man. You pray to God, who you cannot see, hear,(at times), taste, smell, and touch [Matthew 6:9, John 20:28]. Prayer trains your flesh to submit to your spiritual man. Prayer and fasting are spiritual disciplines.

 

Scripture References: Psalm 19:14; Matthew 12:36-37; Romans 10:9-10;

 

Very Good Point:

 

Prayer and fasting [Matthew 17:1, Mark 9:29] will move you into a more confident [faithful] position to speak to the mountain [Matthew 17:21, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:23].

Jesus didn't tell us to pray to God about our mountain. He said for us to speak to the mountain; speak to the mountain in His Name. Jesus didn't tell us to IGNORE or DENY the mountain or problem. We are not to say, "I don't have a mountain" or "what problem?" We are not to practice positive thinking and say over and over; "I can climb over that mountain, I will go around that mountain, it want stop me". A positive attitude is always good. But a positive attitude is not what Jesus said to do with mountains. Jesus said to speak to the mountain or problem and tell it to be moved [Mark 11:23, Matthew 21:21]. Jesus said that any believer can tell a mountain, "You be lifted up and thrown into the sea" [NLT], or "Go, throw yourself into the sea" [NIV], or "Go jump in the lake -no shuffling or shilly-shallying-and it's as good as done" [Message]. As you can see I love to use many versions to study the Word:

 

Jesus says, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you" [Matthew 17:2]. A believer [not a doubter], can say to the mountain [problem] be moved to some other dimension that I don't inhabit. Glory Hallelujah!!!

 

Questions:

1).        What did Jesus instruct the disciples?

2).        What is a mountain in a believer's life?

3).        How do you speak to the mountain?

4).        If you don't speak to your mountain, what will it do?

5).        Who should speak to your mountain?

6).        What do prayer and fasting deals with?

7).        What is natural unbelief?

8).        What does fasting from food do?

9).        Jesus didn't tell us to ______, _______, or ______the mountain or

10).      Explain speaking to the mountain

 

Application:

Start the Day with God:

This is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I start every day with God by speaking life, health, strength, and vitality into my body because I know God's healing power is at work within me. The nature and life of God are resident in my body, driving out all manner of sickness and disease. I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. I believe the word of God above anything that I think, feel, or see. His Word says that I have been redeemed from the curse of sickness. His Word says that by Jesus' stripes I am healed.

My body is free from pain, sickness, and disease. It operates effectively and efficiently free from malfunction of any kind. Every part of my body is functioning properly. Every organ, gland, and system is operating in conjunction with each other in perfect harmony, which is exactly how God designed my body to work. My immune system is strong, vibrant, and healthy. Germs, bacteria, viruses, and parasites cannot exist in my body. If any sickness or disease makes any attempt to try and attack my body, then it is quickly destroyed by the power of God's Word working in me. I boldly declare that I am healed, healthy, and whole. (Psalm 118:24;  Isaiah 53:5; Ephesians 6:10; Galatians 3:13).

 

Application:

Speak to the Mountain: Week 1

My words have power, Jesus said if I would speak to a mountain in my life and tell it to be plucked up and thrown into the sea it would have to obey me. So because Jesus said to do it, and because I am obedient to His commands, I speak to the mountain of sickness in my life

Sickness, I am talking to you! In the name of Jesus Christ, the Anointed One, I command you to be plucked up and thrown out of my life and my body. You have no choice. You can't stay. You have to leave. There is no alternative, no other options. Today's mountain is tomorrow's testimony. It doesn't matter how big the mountain is, and it doesn't matter how long the mountain has been there. What does matter is what Jesus says about the mountain. He said if I speak to the mountain, it has to obey me. My life is mountain free-no mountains of sickness and disease here. The mountain of sickness has been eradicated and eliminated from my life. I am healed, healthy, and whole in Jesus' name. (Mark 11:23, 24; Matthew 17:20; 16:19).

We can speak to every mountain in our life, whether its sickness, financial, relationships,  family problems, marriage problems, disobedient children, school problems, job related problems, or whatever that mountain is, you can speak to it in Jesus' name.

 

Application:

End the Day with God:

The Spirit of the Lord is on me. He quickens me and gives me strength. In Him I find rest, comfort, and peace. Even in the midst of the storms of life. I am calm, cool, and collected because my mind is focused on Jesus. He keeps me in perfect peace. I have confidence in God's Word, and I trust Him to bring it to pass. I am assured that He will never leave me nor forsake me. I cast all my cares on Him; in obedience to God's Word, I choose not to worry or be anxious about anything. I will not allow myself to be fearful and troubled about any circumstance in my life. Health and healing are mine. Jesus paid the price for them and His Word says they're mine. I have released my faith, I have received my healing according to the promise of His Word, and now all that is left for me to do is rest in Him until the complete manifestation of healing comes to pass. My God has promised to give His beloved sweet sleep. Therefore, I receive a full night sleep every night, and I fully expect to wake up in the morning refreshed, revitalized, and raring to go. (Isaiah 26:3; Deuteronomy 4:31; Proverbs 3:24; Hebrews 13:5)

 

Discovery: Week #1……God and Jesus spoke the Word to all situations

(Genesis 1:2-3)

"The earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light."

(Mark 4:39)  

Jesus spoke to the storm on the sea: "Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm."  

 

Reflection question: What did you learn from this week's study?

 

Ending Prayer:

Father God, grant me the knowledge I need to speak to the mountain, and with that knowledge understanding, so that I can use wisdom to move mountains out of my life. This knowledge that I have received now I give You praises. I desire to walk in victory just as Jesus did when He walked on this earth, amen.

 

Weekly Reading:  Mark chapters 1-3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Time

Prayer Time
Praying for Peace