Sunday, May 31, 2015

BIBLE STUDY INTRODUCTION (5/31/15)

"Speak to the Mountain" Mark 11:23 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Prayer:
 
Father, today I and this community make a commitment to You in the name of Jesus. We turn from speaking idle words and foolishly talking things that are contrary to Your Word, and to our true desire to ourselves and toward others. Your Word says that the tongue defiles, that the tongue sets on fire the course of nature, that the tongue is set on fire of hell.  In the name of Jesus, we submit to godly wisdom that we might learn to control our tongues. We are determined that hell will not set our tongue on fire. We renounce, reject, and repent of every word that has ever proceeded out of our mouth against You, God, and Your plans for our lives. We cancel its power and dedicate our mouth to speak excellent and right things. Our mouth shall utter truth. Because we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, we set the course of our life for obedience, for abundance, for wisdom, for health, and for joy. We set a guard over our mouth, O Lord; help us to keep watch over the door of our lips to speak those things which be not, as we speak to the mountains in our lives. Then the words of our mouth and our deeds shall show forth Your righteousness and Your salvation all of our days. Thank You for Your Word, Your Word tells me that Jesus spoke to the mountain in His days, and we can speak to the mountain today.  We are learning how to apply Your Word to our lives daily. We pray this in Jesus' name, AMEN.
 
We will be reading: (Mark 11:23-24) King James Version (KJV)
 
"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
 
Introduction:
In one of my daily quiet times, I asked God to show me what I really needed to study at this time.  I wanted something that would be a blessing to my spiritual growth right now.  I enjoyed my quiet time that morning, and went on to do my daily task, but all of  sudden I saw this "Speak to the Mountain" by Andrew Wommack, who is one of my favorite TV bible teachers. I was so drawn to this subject. I knew it was God giving this to me to study next!  I begin my research on this subject; it is important to us to live a victorious life, and this is a vital lesson for us to learn and to apply to our lives. The results we are looking for in prayer and in living the Christian life can sometimes be boiled down to this one thing; did we speak to the issue?  Wow! ((((Glory Hallelujah!))))
 
It is like telling someone that you want your dog to obey you and you ask them to help. They watch you for a while but then stop what you are doing and simple say, "You need to give your dog a command!" In other words exercise your authority by speaking to your dog.  I love that!  Jesus taught us this: (Mark 11: 22-23) "So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.  (v23) "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
 
It is amazing but in verse 23 Jesus actually tells us three times to speak, say, or command the mountain. We will look at those in the lesson. We have often spoken to God about our problems not realizing that God had delegated to us the power and authority to speak to our problems. In fact, if we do not speak to our problems in Jesus' name they won't be affected or addressed by God. If Jesus hadn't commanded the demons to leave they would not have left.  Amen.
 
Let me say this, I have been struggling with an issue in my life, and at this point I need to speak to it and make it move.  This is why, I believe, God had me to see this study by Andrew Wommack.  God want me to use my faith and to speak to this issue. Glory to God! 
 
I did some research on this topic and to my surprise, there are few who truly believe that we can speak to the mountain. This is divine revelation some do not understand, nor do they believe that we can speak to our problems or situations and make them go away as led by the Spirit of God.
 
I am excited about this study because I know it will be a blessing to me, personally.  For this study there will be a prayer, questions, a reflection question for each week, a small application of speaking to the mountain, a discovery, and reading of the book of Mark (1-16). This is not a very lengthy study, but a very important one to know.
 
Week # 1          Jesus Give Instructions: "What is a Mountain in a believer's life?"
Week # 2          Authority and the Whatsoever Clause
Week # 3          What will you do with Your mountain?
Week # 4          Mark 11:23-24
Week # 5          Faith and Confession
Week # 6          Can Faith move Mountain?
Week # 7          The power to change is inside you
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Time

Prayer Time
Praying for Peace