1. Who is referred to as “the voice of one crying in the wilderness”?
John the Baptist (Luke 3:3-4)
2. Which prophet prophesied about “the voice of one crying in the wilderness”?
Isaiah (Luke 3:4)
3. Who was the wife of Philip, the brother of Herod the tetrarch?
Herodias (Luke 3:19)
4. Who had shut John in prison?
Herod the tetrarch (Luke 3:19-20)
5. In what bodily form was the Holy Spirit seen to be descending upon Jesus during
Dove (Luke 3:22)
6. At what age did Jesus begin his ministry?
30 (Luke 3:23)
7. Where did Jesus go after his baptism in Jordan?
He was led by the Spirit into the wilderness (Luke 4:1)
8. How long did Jesus fast in the wilderness?
Forty days (Luke 4:2)
9. What was Jesus’ response to the devil’s temptation, “If you are the Son of God,
command this stone to become bread”?
“It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of
God.’” (Luke 4:4)
10. In what city had Jesus been brought up?
Nazareth (Luke 4:16)