Saturday, December 10, 2016

BIBLE STUDY: “KNOWING GOD’S WILL” Week # 10


 

"Jesus Is the Healer"

 

And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for often times he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. —Matthew 17:14-18.

Some people have said, "I've been to every preacher in the country, and I couldn't get healed. It must not be God's will to heal me." Yet the father in this account could've come to that same conclusion. After all, he'd taken his son to Jesus' own personal trainees, but the boy still wasn't healed. However, instead of concluding it wasn't God's will to heal his son, the father took the boy to Jesus and explained, "I brought my son to Your disciples, and they couldn't heal him." Jesus didn't turn to the man and say, "Well, it must not be the will of God then." He said, "Bring the boy to Me." Jesus was the will of God in action, and He revealed God's will by setting him free. At that moment, Jesus was also revealing God's willingness to heal you and me today. Are you ready to go free?

My Confession: Jesus is the will of God in action, and He's revealed God's will to me. I know God wants me free from sickness. Thank You, Father, for Your healing power at work in me.

 

Please read these scriptures (Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24; Psalm 103:3; Matthew 4:23, 8:3. Revelation 22:6.

 

Week # 10:                     Weekly prayer:

 

Father in Heaven, I know that Jesus is the healer. I am so grateful for what my Savior did for me, and all who believe. Bless each member of this community, and bless family and friend to put their trust in You. Thank you for being a faithful God. Father God, You are so worthy to be praised. You are an awesome God, there is none like You, Lord. Father, as we study this lesson of healing, touch our hearts in Jesus' name, teach us to know Your will for divine healing, help us to gain understanding through the knowledge we receive, so we can walk in wisdom concerning divine healing for Your people today. Bless us to be healed in our bodies as we read and study this lesson. There are so many wrong teaching on healing today, that is why we all have wrong thinking on the subject of healing for today. You love us just as much as You loved those in Bible days, amen. Thank You, Lord, for the blessing to be able to hear with our spiritual ear and learn of You. This we pray in Jesus' Name, AMEN.

 

Week # 10:           Quiz:

1.) When Jesus said to the sisters of Lazarus, "Take away the stone." What did Martha, the sister of Lazarus, say to the Lord?
       With God, all things are possible!
       Lord I believe - help thou my unbelief.
       Hallelujah! The Lord our God the almighty reigns!
       Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

2.) Jesus was walking through a crowd and someone touched him. He said, "Who touched Me?" How did he know that it wasn't just an accidental bump?
       The woman who needed healing grabbed hold of his tunic.
       The high priest witnessed it and drew attention to it.
       Jesus perceived that virtue was gone out
       The person who touched him fell down at his feet and worshipped him.

3.) A man at the Gazerenes, when he saw Jesus, cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, "What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not." and Jesus said, "What is your name?" What was wrong with the man?
       He was demon-possessed.
       He was having a mild attack of depression.
       His mother had just been tormenting him.
       He was sad that he did not get full payment for his pigs.

 

Scripture Reading Luke 17

 

What do we learn about what happened to the other nine?

A). The leprosy returned

B). Scripture doesn't say

C). They were suddenly struck dead.

D). They became leaders in the early church.

 

According to this study: Questions

1).     Why couldn't the disciples heal the young boy?

2).     How did Jesus reveal God's will?     

3).     What was the disciples called in this lesson?

 

My Confession:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Time

Prayer Time
Praying for Peace