Friday, October 14, 2016

BIBLE STUDY: “KNOWING GOD’S WILL” Week # 4


 
 

 Taking the "If" Out of Healing

 

And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. —Matthew 8:3

What did Jesus do when this leper said, "I know You're able to heal me, Lord, but I don't know if You're willing"? Did Jesus say, "Now, Brother, I'll have to fast and pray first to see if it's God's will to heal you"? No, Jesus answered the question for all mankind right there. He turned to that man and said, "I will; be thou clean." In other words, Jesus was saying, "Why in the world would you doubt a thing like that? If I'm able, surely I'm willing." We shouldn't have any question in our hearts about God's will to heal. Jesus certainly didn't. He didn't hesitate when the leper said to Him, "If You will." Immediately Jesus turned to the man and said, "Of course, I will. That's part of My commission. That's part of the reason I came. Of course it's My will for you to be whole." Jesus took the "if" right out of the healing issue. He didn't have to beg, plead, or spend three days finding God's will about healing. He just automatically said, "I will heal you." Why? Because Jesus was the will of God in action. Jesus was the expression of the will of God.  Jesus didn't say, "I heal on My own." He said, "The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works" (John 14:10). Therefore, for Jesus to heal the leper, it had to be God's will because it was the Father, dwelling inside Jesus, who did the work.

My Confession: God's Word has built an unshakable confidence in me that God wants me healthy. So I boldly say, "I am healed." And the Holy Spirit in me does the work.

 

Please read these scriptures (Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24; Psalm 103:3; Matthew 4:23, 8:3. Revelation 22:6.)

 

 

Week # 4     Weekly prayer:

 

Father God, You are an awesome God, and we worship You forever. Thank You for Your mercy and grace today. Thank You for blessing each and every member of this community. Bless their family too, Lord. Thank You. Lord, we are so grateful for You revealing Your will to us. Help us to know Your will for our lives today in Jesus' name, amen. Thank You, Lord. Lord God, Almighty, we ask that You would bless those who have lost loved ones through the storm, bless them with comfort from those around them. Bless this study, Lord, for our learning of Your Word and Your will for us. We stand in agreement with all who have asked for healing in their bodies, right now in Jesus' name. Touch them from the crown of their head to the tip of their toes in Jesus' name. We ask this in Your Son Jesus' name. AMEN.

 

Quiz:

 

1). After Ben-Hadad king of Syria sent his servant, with gift in hand, to inquire through the prophet Elisha as to whether or not God would grant him recovery from a sickness: Choose from A-D

 

A. The servant was stricken with leprosy when he stole the gift, which Elisha had refused to accept.

B. Elisha answered affirmatively without seeking God, and Elijah rebuked him for being presumptuous. 

C. Elisha told the servant that Ben-Hadad had to dip himself seven times in a river in order to be cured.   

D. The servant told Ben-Hadad that he would recover as Elisha had said, but then killed Ben-Hadad.

 

2).  Malchus, whom Jesus wondrously healed, was:

 

A.     The high priest's servant whose ear was cut off by Mike Ty...er, Simon Peter. 

B.     A servant of the synagogue at Capernaum who previously had a withered arm. 

C.     The previously paralyzed servant of a Roman centurion. 

D.    A servant of Joseph of Arimathea whose healing was used by the Lord to lead Joseph to faith

 

3).  T or F: The expression, "starve a fever, feed a cold" is found in the Bible.

True ____  or  False_____

 

Week # 4 

 

Scripture Reading:  Luke 17

 

Question:

According to Luke 17:14, what did Jesus say to the lepers when they called out. Choose from A-D

 

A       "Go, show yourselves to the priests."

B       "Come follow me and I will make you fishers of men."

C       "Repent of your sins and be baptized."

D       "If you had not sinned, you would not have been afflicted with leprosy."

 

According to this study: Questions:

1).     Do we have to fast and pray for healing today?

2).     How can we take the "if" out of healing?

3).     Who does the healing?

 

 

My Confessions:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Time

Prayer Time
Praying for Peace