Friday, July 1, 2016

BIBLE STUDY: "Praying Like Jesus" Sharing


 
 

Week # 3         PRIVATE DEVOTIONS TIME: Evening Devotion (Mark 6:45-47)

"45 And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people. 46 And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray. And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land."

 

It's good to set a time to be alone with God by yourself. I enjoy my quiet time with my God. It strengthen me through know He is with me, and reading His Word for encouragement in that day.

             

Week # 3         NOTABLE PRAYERS:        Jacob (Genesis 32:9-12; 24)

"And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:

10 I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.

11 Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children.12 And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude." "24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

 

Jacob wrestled with God in his prayer time; we can look at this as our flesh not wanting to give into what God is revealing to us at that specific time. I know I have did this before, and sometime I have walked away without touching God in the spirit-realm. Our relationship with God counts on this. Jacob needed to hear from God, but he was so caught up on the fact that Esau, his brother was after him. The breaking of day was a good sign for Jacob, because he saw the light, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Time

Prayer Time
Praying for Peace