Saturday, February 6, 2016

BIBLE STUDY: "The Prophecy of the Messiah" Sharing


 
 


Application Question:  What do you do when everything is going wrong?

 

I am learning to keep trusting in God, read His Word, and stand on His promises in His Word. In certain situations that may not be easy, but I have learned from the past that God will keep His Word and make a way for escape for His people. Years ago I was engaged to be married, but God showed me this man's heart, and I called off the wedding, and he hunted me to kill me, but God delivered me from his hand. Yes, fear gipped me at that time, and all I knew to do was read God's Word and trust Him to keep me out of this man's way, and He did. I have not seen that man from that day to this day. I know God will make a way out of no way, amen. I trust God when things go wrong!!

 

Who Prophesied This?     Week # 7

                       

 "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18).

 

This was Moses speaking (prophesying); God spoke through Moses concerning the Messianic Prophecies, and how they should live in the Promised Land.

 

Please share a short Review:

 

Jesus' disciples lived in a world filled with war, slavery, and poverty. Uncertainty was all they knew, but Jesus said, "My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful" (John 14:27) . However, He also told them He was going to die and that they were going to experience tribulation, rejection, and death. This hardly seems like a recipe for tranquility, so Christ's words didn't make any sense to them at that time. But what does that mean for our lives today? If He's the Prince of Peace, why is our world characterized by violence? Why are people's heart filled with turmoil? How can we have peace when crime, rebellion, dishonesty, and greed are all around us?  Very good question!  In order to understand genuine peace, we must realize it originate from Jesus Christ, amen. He secured our peace through His substitutionary death, He is the source of our daily peace, His peace is not like the world's, and He is the sustainer of our peace through the presence of the Holy Spirit. We can lose our peace through sin, unbelief, worry, and mistreatment. If you have a personal relationship with Christ, He is your peace and has promised never to leave nor forsake you,(Hebrews 13:5).  If you bring everything to Him in prayer with thanksgiving, His peace will surround and protect you through every situation (Philippians 4:6-7). All other sources will fail, but Jesus dwells in you forever. If you'll look to Him, read His Word, and watch Him work in your life, your heart will be calm, even when your circumstances are anything but. Jesus is the Prince of Peace!  In my review of this study I know that God is with us through the Prince of peace.

 

Reading Assignment:             Week # 7         Isaiah 50-58    Monday through Sunday

 

I am almost finished with my reading assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Time

Prayer Time
Praying for Peace