Friday, May 1, 2015

BIBLE STUDY "PASSION WEEK" WEEK # 4 (ANSWERS)

Questions:

 

1).    Have you taken time to consider that Jesus was abandoned by the Father so that you might not be? I don't believe Jesus was ever abandoned by the Father, but feeling abandon was because of the sin that was upon Him at that time. God is holy and He couldn't look upon that sin, and He didn't take it away because it was in His plan to save us from our sin.

 

2).    What does this "word" from the cross mean to you?

"My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?"  It means a lot to me! If Jesus felt abandon, then when I feel abandon I want give in to the thought that God does not love me. I know He love Jesus, and I know He also love me because He sent His Son to die for me. It also hurt my heart to know Jesus went through that suffering. I am so grateful Jesus!

 

3).    What do Eli, Eli, lama Sabachthani means?

"My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?"  

 

4).   What book is devoted to dealing with the problem of suffering?

The book of Job.

 

5).   What scripture prophecy the saying "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

This is when David prayed in great distress. (Psalm 22:1, and Psalm 10:1)

 

6).   We as born-again believers have what in Christ concerning the suffering of rejection?

As born-again believers we have a resource in God's Word that can bring comfort and clarity to the situation we face daily.

 

7).   What do Ephesians 6:11-18 say God has provided for us?

God has prepared for each of us unique opportunities to walk through the "all things" of this life. We can either walk in our own strength and what the Apostle Paul calls our "flesh," or we can walk in the power of the provision God has made for us through the Holy Spirit. It is our choice. God has provided us with armor (Ephesians 6:11-18), but it is up to us to put it on by faith.

8).   What does sin bring into our lives?

The sense of abandonment by God the Father that sin always brings. It separate us from God and the sense of His existing.

 

9).   What is your view on Habakkuk's statement in (Habakkuk 1:13)?

"You are of purer eyes than to behold evil, And cannot look on wickedness. Why do You look on those who deal treacherously, And hold Your tongue when the wicked devours A person more righteous than he?" (NKJV)

 

"Your eyes are too pure to look at sin. You cannot look on wrong. Why then do You look with favor on those who do wrong? Why are You quiet when the sinful destroy those who are more right and good than they?" (NLT)

 

"Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?" (NIV)

 

"Thou that art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and that canst not look on perverseness, wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy peace when the wicked swalloweth up the man that is more righteous than he;" (ASV)

 

"You are of purer eyes than to behold evil and cannot look [inactively] upon injustice. Why then do You look upon the plunderer? Why are you silent when the wicked one destroys him who is more righteous than [the Chaldean oppressor] is?" (AMP)

 

"Your eyes are too pure to approve evil, And You cannot look on wickedness with favor.
Why do You look with favor On those who deal treacherously? Why are You silent when the wicked swallow up Those more righteous than they" (NASB)

 

The prophet (Habakkuk) complains that God's patience was abused; and because sentence against these evil works and workers was not executed speedily, their hearts were the more fully set in them to do evil. As the study said, "The answer from God the Father to Jesus was: "I haven't! I've not despised, disdained nor forsaken you. I'm here with you, in this moment, carrying you through this death to the glorious resurrection on the other side."  That was true for Jesus when he felt forsaken and it's true for you when you feel that way too. But we must remember that God will never leave us nor forsake us in time of feeling abandon (Hebrews 13:5)." Jesus felt abandon because God couldn't look on sin, but He was with Jesus and is with us too.

 

 

10). Why did Jesus feel He was abandon by His Father?

I believe the answer to question (9) explain this one.  God couldn't look on sin. Jesus took upon Himself the sin of the whole world, and he felt, only felt He was abandon by God.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Time

Prayer Time
Praying for Peace